Description:Who we are:
REGENXBIO is an exceptional place to work. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best and the brightest people, touch amazing science, and be a part of extraordinary plans. Our core values: Trust, Accountability, Perseverance, and Innovation drive everything we do. We aim to bring these values to life every day with all that we do, and we believe that what we do matters - to patients, to their families, and to their communities.
As Corporate Counsel, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the Legal Department with ensuring that the Company is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and reviewing, drafting and negotiating corporate documents. Your role is expected to evolve and the successful candidate is expected to assume a wider variety of responsibilities over time.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assists the Legal Department in ensuring Company compliance with SEC and Nasdaq requirements, including drafting and reviewing SEC filings such as:
- Proxy Statements
- 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and 8-Ks
- Section 16 reports (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Schedules 13D and 13G
- Supports the legal needs of the Company through drafting, negotiating, and reviewing agreements, including:
- Manufacturing agreements
- Consulting agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- License agreements
- Sponsored research agreements
- Lease agreements
- Quality agreements
- Oversees legal aspects of corporate transactions, which may include:
- Securities offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Subsidiary management
- Assists the Legal Department with maintaining, enforcing, and periodically revising Company policies
- Assists the Chief Legal Officer with corporate governance matters such as:
- Preparing materials and minutes for the Board of Directors and its Committees
- Drafting, distributing, and analyzing annual directors' and officers' questionnaires
- Periodically reviewing and revising Corporate Governance Guidelines and Committee Charters
- Some travel may be required to support face to face meetings
- It is imperative that REGENXBIO employees embody our core values by working collaboratively, building strong relationships, and using clear communication to meet shared objective
What We're Looking For:
We set our employees up for success. To be successful in this role and help us achieve our goals, we are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Active bar membership (Maryland membership is not necessary).
- Three or more years of experience practicing transactional or corporate law at reputable law firms and/or in-house legal departments.
- Experience working with public healthcare companies (preferably biotech, pharmaceutical or medical devices) and reviewing SEC filings
- Experience working on corporate transactions, including contract negotiations
- Merger and acquisition and/or licensing experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
- Ability to prioritize tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Results driven and persistent
- Efficient time management skills and a quick learner
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast-paced environment
Why Should You Apply?
By joining REGENXBIO, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing company, with an incredible team, who is passionate about developing novel AAV gene therapies for patients in need.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit & compensation package which includes market-competitive salaries, an annual bonus program, education assistance, retirement plan with employer match, stock options at all levels, summer hours and more!
In addition, professional development is important to us. By joining our team, you'll have the opportunity to be exposed to challenging projects and have access to development resources to help you grow personally and professionally.
- 3 years: Experience practicing transactional or corporate law at reputable law firms and/or in-house legal departments.