Join our NBCUniversal EPIC Legal Team! EPIC symbolizes key foundational principles as we strive to be extraordinary partners to our businesses in an evolving environment. Here at NBCU Legal, we are Expert Partners who provide Inspiring and Creative solutions to our clients. We are subject-matter experts who collaborate with our legal colleagues and clients to guide, solve and push for our collective success. We inspire by bringing optimism and positivity to our work, and apply strategic and innovative thinking to support our businesses.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- Provide legal support for a portfolio of agreements primarily in support of NBCUniversal’s Sourcing, Facilities and Operations & Technology groups
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of agreements for NBCUniversal and its various business units, including licensing, research, professional/consulting services and equipment purchase agreements
- Provide day-to-day legal support for enterprise-wide corporate functions, such as NBCUniversal’s Finance, HR, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Social Responsibility teams
- Manage a high volume of renewals, terminations and amendments for various contracts
- Advise clients regarding contractual rights and duties, matters of contract interpretation and pre-litigation dispute resolution
- Ensure consistent application of company best practices
- Coordinate with Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure personal data and confidential information is collected, used and secured in accordance with company requirements
- Law degree and member of a state bar in good standing
- Minimum of 1 year experience for Associate Counsel and 4 years of experience for Counsel
- Collaborative, flexible, and enthusiastic
- Ability to juggle conflicting deadlines
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment as a good-natured team player
- Capable of providing practical legal advice to members of business team at all levels
- Prior experience in the entertainment/media industry is a plus
- Eagerness and proven ability to adapt, learn new skills, and develop new expertise as business needs evolve
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Universal City, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
- This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 for Associate Counsel; $140,000 - $170,000 for Counsel (both bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.