The Associate Counsel is responsible for providing in-house legal advice and services relating to vehicle warranty (lemon law) claims and for advising and collaborating with the company's consumer affairs team to provide the best possible ownership experience for Kia customers. The Associate Counsel will assist senior attorneys to handle certain product liability matters and will assist with related regulatory matters and legislative initiatives when necessary. You will collaborate with an experienced group of in-house lawyers and paralegals and will coordinate directly with Kia's outside legal counsel and parent company. As an integral part of the team, the Associate Counsel will proactively assess legal risks and provide advice that will provide substantial benefits to the organization.
Together with other legal department team members, you will handle a variety of internal matters and general litigation when needed. The position will interact with and advise team members at all levels and will gain a broad understanding of the automotive industry. You must have the ability to adjust to changing circumstances and willingness to cross-train in other practice areas.
Priority 1st - 70%
Provide legal advice and services relating to vehicle warranty (lemon law) claims and collaborate with Kia's consumer affairs team to provide the best possible ownership experience to Kia customers.
Priority 2nd - 15%
Assist senior attorneys with product liability, regulatory, and legislative matters.
Priority 3rd - 15%
Handle general internal advice and litigation in non-warranty areas as needed.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted to California State Bar
- 5-7 years top-tier law firm or in-house experience preferred
- Experience in automotive warranty, product liability, and e-discovery areas preferred
- Technical or engineering background or training preferred
Directly Related Experience:
- Ability to create timely and insightful executive reports and analysis
- Demonstrate managerial, organizational, and interpersonal communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Mastery of standard office software (Microsoft Office) and ability to learn other company software systems
- Challenge - Solving Complex Problems
- Collaboration - Building and Supporting Teams
- Customer - Serving Customers
- Globality - Showing Community and Social Responsibility
- People - Interacting with People at Different Levels
- Adapting to Change
- Championing Customer Needs
- Communicating Effectively
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Managing Resources
$133,433.00 - $186,730.00