Medical Mutual is a leading provider of medical professional liability insurance that has been serving Maryland doctors for nearly 50 years. We are searching for an Associate Counsel, who primarily will be responsible for Maryland and Virginia Government Affairs and also will assist with other legal duties as assigned.
- Review and evaluate proposed legislation and regulations, and judicial decisions primarily relating to medical liability, civil liability, insurance, health care, and business regulation.
- Testify before the Maryland General Assembly, prepare written testimony, and otherwise advocate on behalf of the Company on key legislative issues.
- Communicate with legislators and regulatory agencies and act as a liaison between the Company and government officials.
- Collaborate with trade groups and coalitions on issues of common interest.
- Develop and deliver legal/legislative update presentations to insurance producers.
- Interpret, draft and revise contracts and other transactional documents.
- Provide legal advice to Company officers on matters of corporate, insurance, health care, and employment law.
- JD from an accredited law school and admission to the Maryland Bar.
- Four to seven years of relevant legal experience.
- Government Affairs experience and/or a judicial clerkship strongly preferred.
- Strong legal research and analytical skills, with the ability to provide clear, concise, sound, and timely legal advice.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are essential.
Medical Mutual offers a competitive salary with bonus potential, and an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan, and sick and vacation leave.
This is a remote position: No