Description:Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world's most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
Tegus is looking for a highly motivated and pragmatic commercial-focused attorney to join our Legal & Compliance Team, supporting a fast-paced, high growth B2B fintech company.
As Associate Counsel, your primary mission will be to own Tegus's commercial contracting function, which will encompass the optimization, oversight and maintenance of all legal aspects of the company's client and vendor contracting cycles, including the adoption of legal tech to maximize efficiency. You will also partner directly with the VP Legal and Deputy General Counsel on providing general legal support to our cross-functional business partners including corporate governance, intellectual property, product counseling, dispute resolution and US employment matters.
This rare opportunity is ideal for an entrepreneurial candidate, as you will be empowered to “think like an owner” and build materials and processes from the ground up in collaboration with the VP Legal and Deputy General Counsel.
This is a hybrid role from our Chicago, IL headquarters.
- Own and scale Tegus's commercial contracting cycles, from the Legal request stage through to signature, including negotiation and drafting of SaaS and other commercial agreements, build out and maintenance of contracting playbooks, escalation of complex requests to the VP Legal and Deputy General Counsel, and repository management.
- Serve as the trusted legal point of contact for the Sales Team and deliver exceptional service levels to this Team, particularly through critical revenue generating cycles.
- Leverage legal tech for maximum efficiency and scalability of the Legal function and acceleration of the sales cycle, including adoption of AI-powered tools.
- Assist with drafting and implementing robust and clear terms of service, legal disclosures and disclaimers, and product policies and disclosures; implement related processes.
- Assist in managing outside counsel spend.
- Provide legal support to all aspects of the business, at all leadership levels, including: managing corporate governance matters, assisting with transactional matters as they arise, advising on intellectual property matters, managing occasional ordinary course disputes, partnering with Tegus's People Team on US employment matters and product and marketing counseling.
- Work with the VP Legal and Deputy General Counsel on special projects as they arise from time to time.
- Stay up to date on the latest legal developments and trends that impact the business.
- Provide pertinent legal training and education to Tegus employees.
- 5+ years of combined experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department, with a focus on commercial and corporate matters and some experience across general legal matters.
- Experience with B2B SaaS agreements, financial services, fintech, or securities is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build productive cross-functional relationships.
- Persistence, drive and a goal-focused mindset as you own projects from initiation to completion.?
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Coachable, with a willingness to learn and improve.
- JD from an accredited law school and member in good standing of a US state bar.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago's Loop featuring standing desks, nursing parent rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
The only @email addresses we use are @tegus.co or @tegus.com. If you receive emails from any other domain (including .us), please assume they are fraudulent and let us know by sending an email to email@example.com