H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
The Associate Corporate Counsel will:
- Advise various departments on a variety of legal topics including but not limited to labor and employment, commercial contracts, real estate, M&A, personal injury, insurance, and workers compensation.
- Respond to demands, claims, subpoenas, and governmental inquiries; collaborate with outside counsel when necessary.
- Advise HR and operations regarding hiring, disciplinary matters, employee complaints, terminations, leave of absence, benefits, restrictive covenants, and other employment issues.
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of documents, including company policies, commercial agreements, employment agreements, demands, releases, and settlement documents.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties, including customers, suppliers, opposing counsel, outside counsel, and others.
- Research, evaluate and provide legal guidance regarding current and newly passed legislation that affects the company.
- Assist Corporate Counsel in all aspects of legal affairs.
- Licensed to practice law in Louisiana required.
- 5+ years practicing law required.
- Business degree and/or experience preferred.
- Ability to translate legal concepts briefly and simply into actionable advise for the business.
- Ability to critically evaluate a wide range of issues and provide sound legal advice.
- Ability to anticipate, de-escalate, and resolve disagreements and complaints in a practical and constructive manner.
Searching for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees? Join H&E Equipment Services! We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and a 401K retirement savings plan with company match.