We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
Provide support to Office of General Counsel with research and advice concerning the formulation, interpretation and administration of corporate policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Advise on, review, draft, and edit transactional contracts. Includes meeting with various business units to discuss and advise on contractual issues.
- Regular review of company policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Monitor and advise on legal developments relevant to PRA’s business.
- Participate in periodic meetings with stakeholders to review and assess risk.
- Assist as needed on other legal matters.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to a state bar.
- At least 5 years of legal experience. Ideally the candidate will have experience reviewing and editing transactional contracts while working at a law firm with a sophisticated consumer financial services practice and/or within a fast-paced, complex organization.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statutes, case law, and government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to function effectively and collaboratively with the various business units.
- Comfort with changing business and legal/regulatory environment.
- Must have effective organizational, communication, time-management, and interpersonal skills, as well as a high attention to detail.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in an office environment, in an individual workstation, using telephone and computer. Early morning, evening and weekend shifts may be required as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.