Description:Lawvex is a five-attorney, tech-forward law firm with offices in the cities of Solvang, Clovis, and Madera California. We are looking for an Associate Attorney for our Solvang office. We are a business, real estate, and trust and estates firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an attorney to join our amazing team and work directly with other attorneys and staff to help our clients with their legal needs.
If you're looking for an alternative to the traditional firm grind, Lawvex has been on a mission since 2009 to take the frustration out of law for our clients, staff and attorneys. If you are looking for growth opportunities in your career, our vision is to become a regional firm with offices throughout central California. If you are an associate we offer a short, 3 year maximum, partner track. If you are a lateral, we offer very competitive origination and income partnership compensation. We want to be known for our early (2009) adoption of cloud-based technology and for using that to create a new standard in quality of life for staff and attorneys and an amazing legal experience for clients.
New Standard in Quality of Life: you work hybrid or remotely; we provide you with a cutting edge suite of software to do your job and communicate internally and externally; we provide you with competitive compensation, benefits and opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability; we provide clear key performance indicators and regular performance reviews so you know if you're winning and why and periodic live events that you are welcome to attend. Lateral partners make their own schedule, set their own hourly rates, have independent case authority, take cases they want and turn down cases they don't.
Amazing Legal Experience: we help business owners and families plan for, transfer and inherit their business and real estate so that they have peace of mind; we build amazing relationships with our clients by living out our values: Speed, Efficiency, Value, Education, Compassion, and Transparency; and we solicit and receive outstanding feedback and reviews from our clients for doing a great job.
What our attorneys do:
- Engage new clients by listening and understanding their concerns and needs;
- Build trust with new clients by sharing why they are passionate about solving clients' problems;
- Set client's expectations honestly and early with a great initial meeting;
- Review the facts, documents, pleadings and do the research to fully understand the case;
- Create a case plan that shows how clients concerns and needs will be met;
- Provide education and guidance to clients with a case plan meeting;
- Work cases in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Track time descriptively and review bills so clients understand what was charged and why;
- Build trust with clients by updating the case plan and communicating often about case status;
- Monitor their Utilization Rate%, Realization Rate% and Collections Rate%;
- Produce deliverables on time, on budget; and
- Constantly improve by soliciting feedback from clients and applying it to the next case.
What our attorneys do not do:
- Intake, receiving leads, scheduling initial appointments, collecting initial conflicts data;
- Schedule meetings or calls with clients or opposing counsel;
- Phone reception;
- Scanning, filing, uploading of hard copy court documents, correspondence, or client documents;
- Assembly and sending of outgoing hard copy court documents or correspondence;
- Hire, manage, or fire staff;
- Banking, accounting, trust accounting, financial management of the firm;
- Website management, internet marketing, SEO management or ad campaigns;
- Cleaning, repairs, maintenance of physical offices of the firm; or
- Take liability or guarantee any debt or lease of the firm.
If the statements below appeal to you, then you may be our next attorney!
- You are more interested in the 5-star Google review than how much you billed the client for;
- You like the flexibility of working in a hybrid / remote work environment;
- You can still be highly productive in a hybrid / remote work environment;
- You dig deep into solving clients' problems and love providing great results;
- You would love to not be involved in the administrative business of law and just want to practice;
- You are open to data-driven decision making and new ways of practicing law;
- You can work within our systems and processes and not insist on how you've always done it
Associate: This is a full-time position where you are expected to manage a full caseload, so you must be able to work in person for 40 hours per week. Remote and hybrid work will be phased in gradually. During the first year of employment the pay will be a range of $84,000 to $96,000 with opportunities for increase based on reaching production goals. Bonus compensation is discretionary not obligatory.Please prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in the PDF format to tisha @lawvex.com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (in all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lowercase, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH attorneyAWESOME]
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Applications Received Through This System and That Do Not Follow Instructions Will Not Be Considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have an active California bar license?
- legal work: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance