Description:Position: National AV-rated, fast-growing, multi-practice Plaintiff Injury firm looking for a motivated Associate Attorney for the firm's ever-growing Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Division.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn from some of the most esteemed attorneys and grow your career? Our law firm is looking for the next associate attorney to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our senior partners and associates, conduct legal research, draft documents, and maintain client files. If you've recently graduated law school, have excellent fact-finding and communication skills, and are ready to jump-start your career in the legal industry, we want to hear from you!
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as pleadings, affidavits, and motions, with a heavy emphasis on Motions for Summary Judgment and negotiating settlements with PIP insurers
- Attend court hearings or other legal proceedings, perform legal research, and provide legal insight to our PIP provider clients
- Communicate with senior associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Assist clients in determining a proper solution to legal conflicts and determine the best course of action
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- 1+ years of PIP Claims and/or PIP litigation is preferred and helpful
- A basic understanding of Medical Billing practices and Medical CPT coding would be helpful
- Hungry with a fight-to-win attitude
- Humble to get along with a team of co-teammates
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree required from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Well organized