We are a reputable boutique tax and transactional law firm based in the U.S. Virgin Islands with a satellite office located in the beautiful and historic city of Old San Juan. We are currently seeking a full-time transactional attorney with at least 3+ years of experience in tax or transactional law to join our team.
This position is based in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, with occasional travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands required. The successful candidate will be self-assured, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills to be able to directly interact with clients on a variety of innovative, complex, and often highly visible matters.
As a key member of our legal team, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts and transactions, including business structuring and formation, trust and estate planning and administration. They will also have experience in providing legal advice to clients on a wide range of complex and innovative legal matters.
Key qualifications for this role include:
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Active Puerto Rico Bar License (mandatory)
- Licensed in U.S. Virgin Islands or willingness to sit for the U.S. Virgin Islands Bar
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, writing, and communication skills
- Experience in tax and transactional law
- Strong understanding of Puerto Rico laws and regulations
- Experience working with corporate clients
- Strong knowledge of business structures, trust and estate planning
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience leading moderate projects and participating in significant legal projects
- Excellent organization skills
We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual who is passionate about transactional law and has a strong work ethic. This is a unique opportunity to work on complex and challenging legal matters, and to be part of a dynamic and dedicated team of legal professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Salary is commensurate with abilities and experience. If you are interested in joining our firm, please send a cover letter and resume.