Description:Our firm is looking for a motivated new attorney to join our organization. The ideal candidate will have some experience with civil litigation matters and some prior experience working in the law firm environment. A new attorney with the firm must be a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude, prepared to take on new projects and areas of developing law.
To be successful as an Associate Attorney, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Associate Attorneys must be comfortable with legal research and drafting, and comfortable appearing in court while representing clients. Most importantly, Associate Attorneys must be able to multitask and meet deadlines imposed by the court or clients.
General Requirements: The candidate must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the Bar. They Should have 0-2 years of experience with some work experience or exposure to a civil litigation law firm. Strong research and writing skills are a must.
- Handle matters of moderate complexity.
- Assist and support senior attorneys and partners in handling complex cases.
- Prepare pleadings, motions, briefs and conference notes.
- Attend hearings, conferences, interviews and trials.
- Prepare arbitration papers and other documents.
- Handle proper representations.
- Interact with clients and resolve their problems arising in case hearings.
- Integrate best practices and standards in handling clients and their cases.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
Compensation and Benefits: Qualified candidates can expect an entry salary of $60,000 - $65,000 during an initial probationary period, followed by additional compensation based on case results. After a probationary period health benefits, including medical and dental will be offered along with the accrual of vacation time and certain paid holidays.
Contact: Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume to the managing partner, Joshua B. Swigart.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Swigart Law Group, APC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $114,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Please describe any litigation experience you have.
- Please describe your ideal legal job.
- Doctorate (Required)
Work Location: In person