Description:About the Job:
- 3 Years Experience Required:
- We are a leading law firm in the Fort Bend County, Texas, area. We provide family law and personal injury services throughout Fort Bend, Harris, Montgomery, Brazoria, Wharton, Waller, and Colorado Counties.
- We strongly believe in the following core values: honesty, growth, learning, service, and excellence.
- We are looking for a long-term Family Law Associate Attorney looking to grow in our firm.
Associate Attorney Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create legal documents such as pleadings, motions, discovery, judgements, and orders
- Reviewing and tracking discovery and providing updates to attorneys
- Assisting in the review of legal documents for accuracy and completeness
- Completing trial preparation
- Making Court appearances for hearings and trial
- Forming a strategy for a plan action
- Roughly 80% Drafting/Case Preparation and 20 Percent of Hearing/Mediation Attendance
Associate Attorney Requirements and Qualifications:
- Accredited Law Degree and Texas Law License
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a family law firm
- Bench trial experience
- Strong typing and writing skills
- A thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, Texas Rules of Evidence, Texas Family Code, and Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Group medical insurance available
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan (401k) available
- Monday through Friday; 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Some afterhours work may be necessary
Supplemental Pay Types:
- Salary plus structured tiered bonus
- Defined profit share