Description:Christian Dichter & Sluga, P.C. is an 12-lawyer firm in Phoenix that is seeking another attorney to join an active practice in Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico. The firm has a well-established record of representing clients in the practice areas of insurance defense, bad faith litigation, insurance coverage, white-collar criminal defense, commercial and business litigation, construction defect, professional liability, and more. The firm offers competitive salary, insurance benefits, and 401(k) participation. Our firm collaborates with our new associates and places them into litigation roles with the tools to learn and be successful. We are a growing practice, and this position will demand independence and self-motivation.
- 1-6 years of civil litigation experience in public or private practice
- You must be currently licensed to practice law in Arizona with no bar complaints
- Ability to manage all phases of litigation from inception of case through settlement, mediation, or trial under the supervision of a partner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Review new cases and assist the senior litigator in handling case from discovery through arbitration or trial
- Perform research of case law to develop defense theories and respond to pleadings and motions
- Draft pleadings and motions
- Propose and draft discovery
- Participate in depositions, mediations, arbitration, and trial.
- Ability to use Westlaw, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Perform complex legal work over a wide range of civil litigation cases
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with excellent research and writing skills, have at least some experience in one or more of the firm's practice areas, and have courtroom and/or deposition experience.
$110,000/yr - $130,000/yr (from job description)
- Medical insurance