Slater Slater Schulman LLP is a prominent full-service law firm with over 40 years of experience representing survivors of catastrophic and traumatic events. Our nationally renowned attorneys are committed to ensuring the best results for our clients through persistence and zealous representation. We have achieved successful resolutions in some of the most challenging cases in the industry, including 9/11 World Trade Center litigation, Child Victims Act, mass torts, pharmaceutical drug litigation, product liability litigation, environmental litigation, employment and labor law, medical malpractice, and personal injury.
We are seeking an associate-level attorney with 5+ years experience in plaintiff's litigation. This role is primarily focused on representing New York plaintiffs with actions under the Child Victims Act. Relevant experience working with sex or violent crime would be extremely valuable in this role.
- The successful candidate should be capable of managing his/her own caseload from inception to settlement/trial.
- Must have experience drafting complaints, bills of particulars, discovery responses and demands; conducting depositions; and capable of reviewing medical records.
- Courtroom experience (and admission to Federal Court) preferred, but trial experience not expected.
- The candidate must be well organized, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable corresponding and communicating with clients, insurance carriers, the courts and opposing counsel.
- NYS Bar Admission required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Monday to Friday
- New York Bar admission (Required)
Work Location: In person