Description:Our Boston, MA office located on the North Shore is growing and actively seeking a Litigation Attorney interested in growing his/her career among our team of staff and attorneys, who value and foster open and honest communication, and act with integrity and professionalism.
Litchfield Cavo offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for professional development.
Opportunity | Associate Attorney
Litchfield Cavo seeks a highly-motivated associate attorney with three to eight years' experience in general liability defense. Insurance coverage and Workers Compensation experience is a plus. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of lawyers defending matters throughout the United States for various clients within a forward-thinking firm. Some travel may be required.
Skills and Abilities:
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- practice law in the state of Massachusetts;
- manage multiple case files successfully in a busy environment;
- demonstrate strong legal research and analytical skills;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- strong attention to detail with superb organization and prioritization skills;
- ability to move from case to case; and,
- knowledge of both state and federal court procedures.
Responsibilities include handling a substantial caseload of litigation. The following are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to do this job successfully under the direction of a partner:
- draft, prepare and handle pleadings, motions, orders and legal memoranda;
- draft and respond to written discovery and dispositive motions;
- conduct legal research competently and with proficiency;
- prepare and take depositions of parties and experts;
- review client documents, draft case evaluations and status report correspondence; and,
- assist with and participate in mediations and court appearances;
The firm provides an experienced support staff, current technology, ongoing training, and full-time IT and marketing departments.