The Associate Attorney is a results-driven individual with experience in or the desire to become experienced in the consumer collection industry. The Associate Attorney is charged with providing thorough and practical assessments and advice while advocating for clients in and out of court during the legal collection process. The Associate Attorney will focus on continuous quality work product and performance in the Firm's energized and fast-paced environment while doing right, achieving results, and maintaining integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with opposing counsel and pro se parties to resolve disputes and negotiate matters to an amicable resolution.
- Draft and review legal briefs, correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Document account/file activity in accordance with the Firm and client policies and procedures.
- Travel to various courts in the State and effectively handle all aspects of a case's litigation life cycle.
- Research and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations and formulate legal opinions for review by Lead State Attorney.
- Communicate with clients in a responsive manner to maintain and further develop client relationships.
- Attend continuing education classes, webinars, and seminars to remain current and well-informed of any local, state or federal changes in the law, rules of court or court procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified attorney with no discipline history and active license in the state.
- Knowledge on the state civil litigation process and state and federal consumer protection laws.
- Ability to collaborate with other employees to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying high quality solutions.
- Superior time management skills and ability to effectively manage priorities to meet business requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Possesses leadership skills and the ability to drive and motivate other employees to achieve results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a broad spectrum of attorney and non-attorney recipients including all levels within the organization and external.