Description:C.R. Wannamaker Law, PLLC is growing and we need you!
C.R. Wannamaker Law, PLLC is an innovative, creative and trail blazing law firm changing the lives of thousands of immigrants and their families using zealous and aggressive legal strategies while treating our clients with compassion and respect. We allow our clients to come out of the shadows and live without fear. We replace their fear with hope. We give a voice and freedom to those who lack it. We create new Americans.
Not only do we change our client lives, we develop and invest in our employees because we believe in changing not only our clients' lives, but also those of our employees. If our purpose resonates with you, we invite you to apply to become part of our team.
The Firm's Managing Attorney position is an executive-level position with significant discretion and broad responsibility for the leadership management of the Firms legal operations and the supervision of associates, paralegals, legal assistants, and other members of the legal team.
- Lead and manage our immigration practice, including strategic planning and operational execution.
- Mentor and lead a team of attorneys and support staff, fostering collaboration and a supportive work environment.
- Serve as an authority who can provide input and help firm associates resolve complex legal cases.
- Co-counsel complex cases with associate attorneys.
- Research complex legal issues and develop and execute creative legal strategies in evolving or new areas of law.
- Assist firm associates in developing innovative and creative legal strategies.
- Oversee case load and production of immigration cases focused on humanitarian immigration law.
- Stay updated with relevant laws, regulations, and industry trends to ensure high-quality legal services.
- Maintain a consistent attendance record and availability, whether in office or remote.
- Oversee contract attorneys as needed.
- Partner with operations and HR to hire and develop talent within the legal department.
- Partner with the CEO on expansion and growth initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Bar license and current membership in the bar in any U.S. State.
- High level of MS Office Suite/Google Suite, including Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- The ability to tackle tough legal issues creatively and aggressively.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
English/Spanish speaker is strongly preferred.
- JD from an accredited university.
- Valid license and current membership in the bar in any U.S. state.
- Minimum 8 years of high-level experience as an attorney with a proven track record of
- success. Litigation, criminal defense, or immigration experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow a fast paced and fast-growing legal practice,
- focusing on client development and retention.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of handling multiple cases and deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience at a high level.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Suite 500 El Paso, TX 79902: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have litigation experience?
Licensed Attorney: 2 years (Required)
- English and Spanish (Required)
Work Location: In person