Description:Baxter Baker is seeking an attorney to join our Medical Malpractice/Litigation Group. You will be part of our team that defends healthcare providers in medical malpractice lawsuits and Board of Physician matters. The position is ideally suited for someone looking to become a trial attorney.
You will work closely with multiple attorneys who have been recognized as the most distinguished in Maryland. Additionally, we have significant paralegal and litigation support for our attorneys. Daily responsibilities include participating in trial, attending mediations, participating in motions hearings and other court required conferences, taking depositions, handling the work-up of medical malpractice cases, and legal research and writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to congeniality and professionalism.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Licensed in the State of Maryland.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Jury trial experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in medical malpractice litigation preferred, but not required.