Salary Range: $80,000.00 To 90,000.00 Annually
Phillips & Associates, the go-to law firm prosecuting employment discrimination suits for plaintiffs’ experiencing sexual and racial harassment, pregnancy discrimination, and disability discrimination on the job, is hiring an Associate. If you have a passion to fight for the civil rights of workers, Phillips & Associates provides an excellent opportunity to learn from top-notch litigators in the employment law field.
Phillips and Associates seeks an attorney with some civil litigation experience to work in a collegial environment in our New York City office. The Associate would primarily second chair work on cases and foster the firm’s efforts in prosecuting all manner of employment cases.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Developing new cases, interviewing potential clients and witnesses, gathering evidence
- Maintaining client contact and developing relationships with impacted individuals
- Drafting state and federal court pleadings and motions
- Managing case discovery, including drafting demands and responsive answers, document review and production
- Calendaring events and managing case organization
- Handling depositions, mediations, and court appearances as soon as up to speed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of litigation or clerkship experience
- Demonstrated interest and skill in legal writing, research, and analysis
- An ability to speak clearly, effectively, and persuasively
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with careful attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to perform well independently and with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- A collaborative and collegial approach to work, and an ability and desire to work and learn in a team-based environment
- A commitment to advocating on behalf of those who have been deprived of their legal rights on the job
- Admitted to the New York Bar
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits include health, vision and dental, and an employer matching retirement contribution.
Phillips & Associates was selected as one of the “10 Best Employment & Labor Law Firms” in New York” by the American Institute of Legal Counsel. Additionally, many of our attorneys have achieved “best of” status in employment law. We only represent plaintiffs, not employers or management.
Phillips & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Phillips & Associates encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and recent writing sample to the Operations Manager, Phillips & Associates.