Description:Larrabee, Albi Coker LLP, an established, reputable U.S. immigration law firm with a national client base seeks a professional, smart, ethical, dedicated and driven associate attorney to join its very busy practice. The position is partnership-track for those who desire it.
We believe that an exceptional staff is the cornerstone of our ability to provide outstanding legal services to our clients. We place a high value on thorough training and the continual expansion of knowledge.
We are committed to a work environment of mutual respect, commitment, and encouragement, and we enjoy a friendly and collegial workplace. We feel fortunate that we have a mix of long-term employees, as well as new staff, all of whom are highly educated and diverse in their personal backgrounds and interests. And yes, we have some real characters.
On site in San Diego, California. Option to work one day per week remotely is permissible after three months.
What you will be doing:
- Support senior attorneys in representing clients in the full spectrum of business immigration matters: NIV and IV petitions, PERM labor certifications, adjustment of status and consular processing, naturalization, I-9 and employer compliance matters
- Support senior attorneys in representing clients in family-based immigration matters
- Successfully prepare and supervise preparation of a high volume of cases without sacrificing high-quality work product
- Stay current on developments in immigration law and policy
- Answer client and staff questions with a clear understanding of the ethical rules for communication
- Collaborate with other attorneys; guide and manage legal assistants and paralegals
- Assist with the development and training of staff and clients
- Partner with other members of the firm to review and/or suggest process improvements and support implementation
What You Will Bring to Larrabee Albi Coker LLP
- At least 5 years of experience as an employment-based immigration attorney
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact in a professional and respectful manner, contributing to a positive and collaborative work environment
- Willingness to give and receive guidance
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and ensure internal and external service level agreements are met
- Proficiency, or possess the ability to become proficient, in our case management system (LawLogix) and other technology used by the firm
Juris Doctor and State Bar licensure required; California Bar licensure preferred
Benefits and compensation:
The Firm offers excellent benefits, including 9 paid federal holidays; paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending account; 401(k) salary deferral program; and 401(k) profit share program.
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative and congenial work environment in a beautiful and vibrant city. Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. Larrabee Albi Coker LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.