Description:What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Assistant General Counsel – Transactions and Governance in Atlanta, GA.
The Assistant General Counsel – Transactions and Governance position requires the candidate to fill a membership role in the globally dispersed team of legal professionals and reports to the Company's General Counsel handling a wide variety of critical responsibilities involving the Company's targeted mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and corporate governance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing external counsel and, as appropriate, preparing the necessary documents associated with both the due diligence and closing processes associated with merger and acquisition transactions involving the Company. Such transactions include both asset and stock purchases;
- Providing legal advice to the Company's General Counsel and Executive Management Team regarding such transactions;
- Developing relationships with internal corporate department leadership (i.e. Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Research and Development, IT, Telecommunications, Marketing, HR, Compliance, Finance, Commercial/Industrial Real Estate and Leasing, etc.) and providing legal support in connection with the negotiation and drafting of a wide variety of commercial and transactional agreements (i.e. supply and distribution agreements; product and component manufacturing agreements; product and software development, licensing and support agreements; equipment leasing agreements; consultancy agreements; non-disclosure agreements; waste disposal and recycling agreements; logistics and warehousing agreements; promotional and marketing agreements; national vendor agreements; intercompany service and support agreements: etc.);
- Managing the day-to-day Corporate Governance obligations of the Company (including the various affiliated entities within the North American business unit) and ensuring that related documents, books and records are properly maintained and catalogued in the Company's on-line repositories; and
- Assuming additional responsibilities as the need arises as delegated by the Company's General Counsel.
Who we are looking for:
Education & Experience:
- The candidate must have a JD from an accredited U.S. law school, should currently be in good standing with and licensed to practice law in at least one state, should not fail to be in good standing with any state, and should be permitted to practice as an in-house attorney in the state in which the candidate shall be physically situated.
- The candidate shall be knowledgeable about the issues and law involving mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, manufacturing, supply and product development and corporate law and governance.
- The candidate should be a creative problem solver who is self-confident, can work independently and communicates clearly and effectively - both verbally and in writing.
- For purposes of drafting, the candidate must be able to take multiple complex legal/factual issues and communicate them to the Company's business partners via clear and simply-worded agreements and documents.
- The candidate should be a good listener and have strong relationship-building skills.
- The candidate shall have at least eight (8) years of commercial transactional, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance experience with at least five (5) of those years in an in-house legal department responsible for assisting with those issues.