Description:A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The successful Assistant General Counsel, Technology & Privacy candidate will be responsible to advise Compass USA and its various food service subsidiaries in bringing new technology products to market, including software and hardware applications for Compass' healthcare, education, sports & leisure and business sectors, as well as negotiating contracts related to use, license or sale of such new technology and products. You will work hand-in-hand with other lawyers and stakeholders on digital product development and provide practical legal counsel to assist in effectively navigating legal and regulatory frameworks. Position to be based in Charlotte, NC, and offers great opportunity for growth in an expanding industry.
- Provide a blend of commercial contract, regulatory, intellectual property, cyber-security, privacy, and consumer protection guidance.
- Work closely with technology development and marketing teams to understand company's vision and strategic goals for product and feature development.
- Serve as a key connection between the business and legal for regulatory compliance obligations for new technology products across all US jurisdictions, including CCPA, CPRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, etc.
- Identify product risk (e.g., cyber, privacy, etc.), coordinate with subject matter experts, and develop a risk mitigation plan to protect the business, including policies, processes, and communication plans.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts with clients for the use, license, franchise or sale of technology and data products developed or utilized by Compass in the context of desktop, cloud / SaaS, mobile (android or iOS), and web-based applications.
- Advise product developers on legal obligations around use and collection of data, the use and refinement of AI, machine learning and other new technologies
- Attorney with 4+ years of relevant experience in leading law-firm or tech company.
- Bachelors and Juris Doctor degrees required, as well as active state bar license.
- Familiarity with startups, consumer protection, data privacy, and cybersecurity a plus.
- CIPP certification a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills in dealing with complex transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, balance risk, and become a trusted business partner.
- Be a self-starter with a growth mindset in an evolving industry.