Description:Why you'll love this job:
This attorney will be a member of DTCC General Counsel's Office, located in the DTCC Jersey City office, with responsibility for providing legal advice and guidance to two important firm clients: (1) DTCC's Institutional Trade Processing (ITP) business which offers buy-side, sell-side and custodian firms an end-to-end straight-through-processing solution for their trading activity, and (2) DTCC's worldwide procurement and sourcing teams on general contracts as well as bespoke transactional matters.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Operate as U.S. legal counsel to senior management in DTCC's Institutional Trade Processing (ITP) business.
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial contracts including service agreements and license agreements with customers, vendors and strategic partners which represent key firm initiatives on innovation, support, compliance and resiliency.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice in the development and structuring of new business initiatives, including new products and service offerings.
- Lead and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, contract processes and legal policies and procedures.
- Support audit and examinations relating to DTCC's ITP business and related communications with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and other relevant regulators.
- Collaborate with other members of the DTCC legal department and external counsel, Product, IT, Compliance, Sales, Finance and other functional areas as necessary to support all of the above.
- Handle other routine corporate legal matters as requested.
Note: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- J.D. from law school; admission to New York and/or New Jersey Bar
- 8-10 years as practicing attorney, with 5-7 years of that spent at a combination of a top-tier law firm and a financial services firm, regulated technology company or corporate, and/or financial services regulator.
- Must have impeccable judgment, be highly organized, and enthusiastic about building relationships and working on a team.
- Interest in financial markets, FinTech, new regulation in areas of distributed ledger, cybersecurity, privacy and data a plus.