Description:Friedman Vartolo LLP is a rapidly growing New York based real estate and default services law firm with 100+ employees across five states. The firm prides itself on its superior work product, and innovative approach to business and problem solving. We are in the process of reimagining our leadership team and are looking for an Assistant General Counsel ("AGC") to provide strategic guidance on a wide array of legal matters and issues, compliance, policies, and procedures.
This is a new role within the firm and the right applicant must be a highly productive visionary with exceptional legal aptitude that enjoys working as part of a team. We need an individual to run point with respect to these demands and serve as the highest-ranking legal mind within the firm. A primary focus of the AGC will be to provide strategic legal guidance to the Managing Partners and firm's leadership team so that both can make appropriate business and operational decisions.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the highest-ranking legal mind, advisor, and decision maker within the firm.
- Provide oversight to firm attorneys on matters where the firm client is sued, or a claim is made against a firm client.
- Personally handle or monitor outside counsel on matters where the firm has exposure and/or is a named defendant to ensure a favorable outcome.
- Monitor pertinent statutory and case law changes. Regularly draft and disseminate client-focused newsletters, blogs, or memorandum where appropriate.
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department on all issues ranging from general employment law to unlawful termination or hiring discrimination.
- Maintain insurance policies and handle policy negotiations. Provide strategic legal insight to the Managing Partners regarding the same.
- Oversee contract negotiations with all vendors, clients and employees and provide strategic legal insight.
- Coordinate on site client audits and prepare client requested audit questionnaires.
- Located on Long Island
- Strong legal research and writing skills.
- Minimum of 5+ Years' working in the default services industry or a related industry
- Admitted to the New York State Bar and able to waive into the New Jersey Bar
- Team player looking to be a part of something great