The Assistant General Counsel – Employment must be a seasoned employment attorney with experience in both litigation and counseling. This attorney works closely with key leadership at both the corporate and local levels across the Prime Healthcare system. This attorney must take a lead role in managing the company's high volume of employment lawsuits as well as providing strategic guidance to key stakeholders on employment issues. This attorney must be experienced with wrongful termination claims, wage and hour class actions, PAGA claims, as well as discrimination claims.
Education, Experience, Training
- J.D. from ABA Accredited Law School
- Member in Good Standing of State Bar of California.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of prior legal experience in law firm, public sector, and/or in-house position.
- Must have trial or arbitration hearing experience, preferably with some experience as first chair.
- Must have experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with hospitals.