Description:We believe it takes great people to create a great product. That's why our team lives our company values, and we hire based on them, too. Since 2010, Pipedrive has been on a mission to support sales and marketing teams with easy-to-use, powerful tools that make everyday work faster and easier. Today, our cloud-based software is trusted by over 100,000 companies and used in 179 countries. We have grown from a five-person team to a truly international company of over 1000 people, representing more than 50 nationalities, with ten offices distributed across Europe and the US. In 2020, Pipedrive received a majority investment from Vista Equity Partners, a global investment firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software, data and technology-enabled businesses, making Pipedrive the fifth unicorn from Estonia.
The assistant general counsel's primary responsibility is to oversee all aspects of Pipedrive's compliance program and to continue to build and enhance an integrated, enterprise-wide compliance program to support Pipedrive's growing business needs. It will oversee compliance related to products, regulatory, employment / human resources, real estate, IP and other related compliance matters. This role will be based in the East Coast.
Your new adventure:
- Oversee and monitor the ongoing implementation of the compliance program to assist preventing illegal, unethical or improper conduct
- Manage the day-to-day operations of compliance including but not limited to OFAC, sanctions, conflict of interest, anti-bribery, human resources, import/export, training development and issuance for specific compliance regulations, etc.
- Review and update code of conduct, policies and procedures, ensuring continued guidance to management and employees
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and research
- Respond to alleged violations of laws, regulations, policies, procedures and the code of conduct by taking the correct initiatives for next steps regarding action and communication
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the company are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Work with third-party legal teams as necessary on specific tasks or matters related to compliance and employment
- Manage “ethics” reporting procedure, allowing for anonymous reporting of issues or concerns related to compliance within Pipedrive
- Responsible for driving and managing a third-party risk management program, including screening and diligence, vendor code of conduct, ongoing auditing and monitoring
- Other legal related tasks as needed, related to IP, insurance, employment/human resources, real estate, product, IP portfolio, international law, etc
- Public company experience
Does this sound like you:
- Juris doctor degree or appropriate relevant experience
- 5+ years supporting an international in-house IT legal team performing the tasks listed above
- Strong preference for those who have experience working for a global software/SaaS company, especially supporting companies based in Europe
- Bonus for those who have open source experience as well as strong background in US and European privacy laws
- Remote position but strong preference to those located in US ET
- Since most of the internal teams are in Europe, some early calls/meetings are to be expected
- Proactiveness and an ability to independently recognize where a problem exists and to find a solution
- Periodic travel to various worldwide locations including within the US and Europe
- English proficiency
- Sense of humor – we work hard, laugh harder
- Sitting: 80-100%
- Lifting: Up to 15 lbs
- A value-driven work environment where people come first
- A lively bunch of colleagues from over 50 different countries, with offices in Tallinn, Tartu, Lisbon, Prague, London, Dublin, New York, Florida, Riga and Berlin
- A team serious about getting things done while not taking ourselves too seriously
- Freedom to execute your ideas with a passionate and motivated team supporting you
- Lots of room for personal and career development, with internal and external training opportunities
- Competitive salary and bonus system and all the benefits you'd expect from a great employer (5% 401K match, paid time off and 12 paid (+ 2 extra floating) holidays, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, regular team building activities, parental leave, paid family bonding time, as well as gym and parking allowance)
The employee must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
The hourly rate or salary compensation being offered for this role is $[140,000 to 200,000] gross/year. This role is also eligible for an annual bonus based on company and personal performance.
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Pipedrive is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
We're on the lookout for an assistant general counsel to join our Legal team.
If this is something for you, send us your resume (in English) or a link to your LinkedIn profile and please add why we should pay extra attention to your application.