Closing Date: 7th July, 2022
Description:There is an opportunity at Union Pacific to help assemble the world's largest battery-electric freight locomotive fleet and increase the participation of diverse businesses in UP's supply chain! Union Pacific is looking for a legal professional with procurement and commercial contracting experience who understands the importance of UP's Environmental, Social, and Governance goals and is highly motivated to help Union Pacific meet those goals.
Union Pacific has one open position in the Law Department at UP's Omaha headquarters. The Assistant General Attorney / General Attorney will serve as a primary procurement and commercial transactional lawyer, advising the Senior Counsel, the Vice President of Law, and the Chief Legal Officer on the successful resolution of various matters. The successful candidate will support multiple business units, serve as an active and dynamic issue spotter, and provide creative resolutions for procurement, commercial transactions, and some state and federal regulatory matters. The General Attorney will have three or more years of experience, specifically with procurement and commercial contracting, as well as excellent negotiating, drafting, and problem-solving skills.
Serve as legal counsel to Union Pacific Railroad.
- Support Union Pacific's law team with a focus on procurement and commercial transactions
- Serve as a tactical business partner and trusted legal advisor to the business clients
- Work with the Law Department team to establish processes, structure, methodologies and procedures that create efficiencies, reduce costs and increase client service timing and orientation, as needed
- Advise the clients regarding procurement and commercial contracting legal matters
- Build and maintain a positive and influential relationship with key business stakeholders
- Stay on the cutting edge of legal trends and take proactive, affirmative steps to minimize potential legal exposure for the Company
- Be highly responsive and organized
- Prioritize and handle simultaneous tasks, meeting deadlines in a changing, fast paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, client relationship, and team skills
- Consistently provide high-quality legal guidance
- A Juris Doctor degree
- Admitted to practice law in the state of Nebraska or eligible to be admitted in Nebraska or registered as Nebraska In-house counsel
- At least 3 years of work experience as a transactional attorney
- Strong writing, communication, and legal analysis skills
- Ability to distill complex issues clearly and help devise solutions in a direct, professional manner
- Excellent customer service, and time and project management skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment, high standards, and impeccable integrity
- Benefit information can be found under the Benefits section on up.jobs (https://up.jobs/why/benefits/index.htm)
- 18 years of age or older