Closing Date: 20th March, 2023
The Douglas Judicial Circuit is seeking highly motivated, vision-driven attorneys looking to grow their careers and impact the lives of young people as an Assistant District Attorney in the Juvenile Division.
The office is located in Douglasville, GA, just minutes west of downtown Atlanta, with easy access to dining, shops, and I-20. The office uniquely offers leadership focused on investing in the next generation of prosecutors.
As an Assistant District Attorney in the Juvenile Division, you can expect to review Child in Need of Services (CHINS), Traffic, Misdemeanor and Felony case files from law enforcement, direct and lead further investigation, evaluate and charge cases, negotiate the plea recommendations, review evaluations, draft and argue motions, draft and argue Designated felony Dispositions and conduct Bench trials. You will also participate in the Community Risk Reduction Low Risk Diversion Program and Mental Health Treatment Court. If you care about our future generation, want to be with a team that cares about you and cares about justice, then Douglas County may just be for you.
- All applicants must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia or be in good standing of another state’s bar association that is eligible for reciprocity admittance to the State Bar of Georgia.
- Applicants must be eligible or admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
- All candidates are subject to a background check.
- Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history background check, a motor vehicle driver’s history check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Employment is contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of each investigation.
The Douglas Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience