Description:The Chicago office of Morgan Lewis seeks to hire a 1L IP Fellow for our 2024 Summer Associate Program.
Morgan Lewis is a leading choice for businesses seeking protection of valuable intellectual property rights. The firm has more than 200 intellectual property professionals and technical specialists, and our Chicago office is widely regarded as a leader in providing strategic patent advice to startups and Fortune 500 companies alike. One of the major focuses of our office is patent prosecution and patent litigation in the life sciences, electrical & mechanical engineering, and computer science arts.
Fellowship recipients will receive a $25,000 bonus conditioned upon accepting an entry-level associate position in the IP practice and paid after two months at the firm as an entry-level associate; reimbursement of expenses associated with taking and successfully passing the patent bar exam prior to joining the firm as an entry-level associate; and a $5,000 bonus conditioned upon successfully passing the patent bar exam prior to joining the firm as an entry-level associate and paid after two months at the firm as an entry-level associate.
Fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full-time in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2026.
- Have a life sciences background (e.g., molecular biology, biochemistry, cellular biology) preferably a masters or Ph.D., or a background in electrical or mechanical engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Have outstanding leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to exceptional client service.
- Be genuinely interested in a career with Morgan Lewis's IP practice.
- Patent Bar eligibility required.
- Be a US citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States.
Interested students should submit the following in support of their candidacy: a cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and a writing sample. If your law school transcript is not available at the time of your application, we ask that you submit your first semester transcript to our application portal and/or email the office recruiting contact once available.