Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Are you a 2L and curious about what it's like to work in an in-house legal department? Come join us at Adobe to get experience working on in-house projects. We're seeking candidates with strong academic records who demonstrate outstanding performance and have already determined, at this early stage of their law school studies, that they are most likely to engage in corporate transactional work upon graduation.
As a Legal Intern at Adobe, you will experience the atmosphere of corporate life at one of the world's leading software companies, while learning how each of our legal teams drive the efficiency and effectiveness of our entire organization. You will be exposed to Adobe corporate culture, including our values which play a key role in Adobe routinely being recognized as one of the top global software companies for work experiences.
What You'll Do:
This Legal Intern will be handling complex commercial contracts, including enterprise software & SaaS licensing agreements. This Legal Intern must be prepared to work on negotiating and driving strategic transactions, including a variety of license, professional services and other commercial agreements and documents, including non-disclosure agreements, pre-release agreements, services agreements as well as statements of work, resale, distribution, sales and licensing agreements.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Must be a 2nd-year law student in good standing pursuing the degree of Juris Doctor at an ABA accredited law school.
- Must have a strong academic record as well as experience that demonstrates extraordinary promise for a successful career in the legal profession.
- Must have a can-do attitude, be able to provide solutions that balance legal and business concerns, be customer-focused, and an excellent teammate.
- Desire to learn about Adobe products and services and a genuine passion for innovative and influential technologies.
- Confidence providing advice to business partners of multiple levels, including a highly developed ability to provide such advice in a non-disruptive manner.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and not be afraid to network and get to know new people.
- Digital literacy skills including word processing, researching, database creation, slide preparation, etc.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- This internship opportunity is anticipated to last up to three months between the months of May and July in 2022.
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role if based in New York City.
New York Starting Salary $0 - $0
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.