Description:About the Role:
AngelList Venture is looking for an exceptional attorney to join our team as Legal Counsel.
This role offers an opportunity for a lawyer with fund formation, venture capital, or FinTech experience to apply their expertise at scale and broaden their experience navigating emerging FinTech issues. In this role, you will work directly with internal stakeholders and customers to provide front-line legal advice and support. You will work on a wide variety of day-to-day legal matters, from customizing fund and investment documentation to advising on regulatory compliance. Your work will directly support the growth of AngelList Venture and the funders and founders we serve.
This role is remote-friendly. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and you can work from anywhere in the US.
- Actively collaborate with internal AngelList Venture cross-functional teams and directly support customers through an innovative legal services delivery model.
- Manage a broad range of transactional matters, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating agreements relating to fund formation, securities offerings, portfolio investments, and startup company formation and capitalization.
- Provide pragmatic advice on various issues related to AngelList products, including regulatory compliance, marketing and servicing communications, intellectual property, data security, and privacy.
- Strong understanding of and passion for the startup and venture capital ecosystem.
- Functional familiarity with the range of securities laws impacting venture capital and FinTech more generally, including the Securities Act, Exchange Act, Investment Company Act, Investment Advisers Act, and FINRA Rules.
- Enthusiasm for delivering high-quality legal services focused on timeliness, accuracy, pragmatic solutions, and risk management.
- A JD degree from an ABA-accredited university and in good standing with the applicable state(s) Bar.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a top law firm's EC/VC or fund group or in-house legal team at a high-growth FinTech company.
- If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
A Remote-First AngelList: AngelList is a remote-first company – you can choose to work remotely or work from one of our offices in hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. While AngelList offices are only partially open at this time in accordance with local health guidance, you choose how and where you’d like to work even in a post-COVID world.