Counsel is an individual contributor on a close-knit legal team, working cross-functionally with teams, peers, junior colleagues and staff to enable their development and the development of the legal support processes. This role is comfortable leading on high profile negotiations, interacting with internal and external leadership, reviewing and overseeing legal administrative projects, external counsel and making timely decisions to further Company policy and strategy and keep Company in compliance with all laws and management objectives.
- Serve as a primary Legal contact for Company to provide legal counsel on a variety of operational matters affecting the commercial business.
- Liaise with Vendor Management, Risk and Compliance departments to ensure fluid and timely communication and coordination of efforts around use of data and related products.
- Negotiate and draft master software subscription (SaaS) agreements, vendor agreements and other agreements in support of the Company.
- Work with internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of the Company.
- Support and advise both other Company departments such as PX, Sales, Software Development, as well as other members of Legal team, about compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies.
- Assist in preparation for Board and committee meetings.
- Monitor and evaluate privacy commitments and obligations of Company, specifically regarding in the customer and vendor management realms.
- Assist with other corporate initiatives as required (e.g., M&A, litigation, real estate, employment matters).
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, privacy, SaaS, and financial advisory laws to ensure an ongoing ability to provide informed legal and business advice.
- Manage and facilitate relationships with outside counsel.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Member in good standing to the bar of one or more states (preferably Pennsylvania, Delaware, Massachusetts, New York or California).
- 4-6 years’ experience in medium- to large-sized law firm, in-house legal department, or substantive equivalent with an emphasis on commercial transactions, corporate law, data usage and aggregation, software and technology licensing, intellectual property and privacy/data security, and a secondary focus on commercial litigation, labor & employment, and/or mergers & acquisitions.
- Experience in or exposure to issues affecting the financial services field is preferred.
- Certifications in privacy/data security fields (CIPP/US, CIPM, etc.) a plus.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment evidenced by anticipating legal risks, effective communication, and a high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Strong practical experience in drafting and negotiating transactions with a focus on software, software-as-a-service and related financial technology fields.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex legal concepts to a wide audience of legal and non-legal stakeholders within the Company.
- Effective communication in person, in groups, over electronic communications and in more formal documentation.
- Demonstrate an ability to creatively solve problems in a manner consistent with the Company’s culture and ethics.
- Ability to cooperate and work effectively with a team on a diverse set of topics as well as supervise and lead junior members of the Legal team.
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize duties and delegate where necessary.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $132,000; commensurate salary to be determined based on skills, professional background and expertise. This position is also eligible, pursuant to applicable eMoney policies, for the annual bonus program, retirement contributions, health insurance, sick leave, parental leave and paid time off.