Description:DISH Wireless is seeking a transactional attorney experienced in working with federal government contracts who is passionate about our business and interested in working closely with our business teams. This role will support DISH’s operations across multiple business units and will have the ability to directly contribute to DISH’s future growth.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Shepherding governmental opportunities through all stages of the contracting process from initial RFP response, to execution of the contract, to operationalizing the agreement.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, including teaming agreements, subcontracts and government contracts.
- Counseling business units on relevant legal issues.
- Working closely with our business teams to accomplish DISH’s goals and strategic objectives.
- Improving legal processes and procedures.
- Assisting with other responsibilities as needed.
A successful applicant will have the following:
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- 5-8 years of experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a large national or regional law firm or leading corporation.
- At least 3 years working specifically with government contracts and a detailed understanding of the Federal Government acquisition process and the F.A.R.
- Excellent communication, project management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- A passion for the in-house practice of law.
- Energy, resourcefulness and a demonstrated record of achievement.