Closing Date: 22nd December, 2021
This position is located in the Legal Division, Corporate Operations Branch, Corporate and Legal Operations Section of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of compliance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Privacy Act and their relationship to other disclosure and privacy laws, rules and regulations.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Advises the Supervisory Counsel in directing the Corporation's FOIA Program and provides legal counsel to the FDIC Chief Privacy Officer, Privacy Program staff, and Division/Office Information Security Managers to ensure compliance with the administration of the FDIC Privacy Program.
- Reviews, critiques, and provides advice regarding the development and/or amendment of regulations, policies, and procedures and Corporation directives regarding the compliance with the FOIA and Privacy Act, and their relationship to other disclosure and privacy laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides guidance, legal advice and assistance to the divisions and offices on FOIA and Privacy Act requirements.
- Monitors compliance with the Corporation's policies, procedures, and guidelines regarding administration of the FOIA and Privacy Act.
Conditions of Employment
- Registration with the Selective Service.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Employment Conditions.
- Completion of Financial Disclosure may be required.
- Bar membership required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
To qualify, applicants must have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the 13 grade level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as providing advice and assistance on Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requirements that would impact privacy and disclosure legislation, policies and safeguards.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Kindly refer to the below link for a detailed description of the job - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/625795300