Closing Date: 30th December, 2021
These positions are in Region 3, Office of Regional Counsel, Media Program Counseling Branch.
About Region 3: R3.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
- Research legal questions relating to statutes, regulations, executive orders, case law, policy and/or guidance for enforcement and/or counseling matters in administrative and judicial actions;
- Provide legal advice and policy recommendations on regional enforcement and/or counseling matters;
- Draft determinations, regulations, notices and/or related documents and review for legal sufficiency;
- Coordinate or assist with defensive and/or enforcement litigation, judicially and/or administratively, in connection with matters arising under Federal environmental statutes;
- Represent the region with outside parties, including negotiation or dispute resolution of agreements, consent orders, consent decrees, memorandum of understanding and/or other matters.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).
Conditions of Employment
- You must submit a resume and required documents--see How to Apply section.
- You may be required to travel less than 25% of each month.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
As required by Executive Order 14043, if you are selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by 11/22/21, or before onboarding with the agency if after 11/22/21, except in limited circumstances. For information about COVID-19 workplace safety at EPA, as well as resources and health and safety guidance, visit COVID-19 Safe Federal Workplace.
This position is designated as Moderate Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation. All conditions of the pre-employment security process must be met before an official letter of employment can be issued with a report for duty date.
Current Bar membership in good standing/law license is required. You must self-certify annually and in writing that you hold an active bar membership.
If you are selected, you may be required to complete a one-year trial period.
If you are selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure form within 30 days of your first day of employment and annually thereafter.
You must be admitted to practice before the highest court of a state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; and must maintain active status as a member of the bar of one of these jurisdictions.
In addition, the following specialized training or experience is desired: experience in environmental law and/or environmental protection, shown through academic courses, internships and/or other experience; excellent written and oral communication skills; a strong interest in public service, especially in the mission of the Environmental Protection Agency; experience providing legal advice and counsel regarding the rules and/or regulations of the Clean Air Act.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you have part-time work experience, read this: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Kindly refer to the below link for a detailed description of the job - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/625820700