The Assistant General Counsel will work as an integral part of our global General Counsel Office (GCO).
Our General Counsel Team
The global GCO acts as the Firm’s in-house legal counsel. Its work focuses on the Firm’s global risk management, regulatory compliance and new business intake. This includes:
- handling of professional negligence claims and dispute resolution advice;
- the development and implementation of Firm policies and delivery of subsequent policy training to employees and partners;
- advising the Firm on its corporate structure and the opening, closing and management of offices;
- advising the Firm on all aspects of global regulatory compliance;
- management of the Firm’s insurance policies; and
- management of the Firm’s new business intake procedures including those related to conflicts, AML and compliance with ethical rules.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Collaborating with members of the GCO on a broad range of matters involving the Firm;
- Managing responses to subpoenas and regulatory document demands issued to the Firm;
- Helping to manage the Firm’s global insurance policies and relationships;
- Liaising with other Business Services teams within the Firm to ensure compliance with document preservation obligations; and
- Performing other duties necessary to support the Firm's strategic goals.
- Corporate law background with 2-4 years’ experience
- Experience with contract management
- Superior drafting skills
- Background in corporate structuring preferred
- Large, international law firm experience helpful, but not necessary
- Project management skills
- A positive team player willing to embrace new challenges
- A tenacious and motivated lawyer willing to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and support the General Counsel team on a range of matters in addition to their primary responsibilities
- Consultancy and diplomacy skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Corporate law background with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience
- Member of the Bar of New York
- Excellent academic record
Location and Reporting
This role is based in our New York office, reporting to the Deputy General Counsel.